Friday, October 31, 2008

Surgery Over- One in a million

My husband came into the recovery room and I remember looking at him and saying "It's cancer!?" With tears he said yes. I heard him say to someone it was the first thing she said.

Yes, I am one in a million. I have a rare cancer of the appendix. I could have told you I was rare and one in a million but then you knnow that better than I do. Actually God says in the Psalms that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. There are no two alike. Our DNA's are all different!

But I am living proof.

The presentation to the family was very direct and devastating and I slept through it all.

As the Lord would have it my sister's dear friend has been battling with appendix cancer for 4 years and so Martha (my youngest sister could ask questions) The result is My cancer is contained ! great news ! Although the cancer is incurable , it is not untreatable.
This surgery removed my appendix, cyst, and part of the colon. I must tell you that the pain from the colonoscopy is gone and I feel like anyone else that has had an appendectomy.

I will face a future surgery for the cysts in the lower cavity . It is to be a complete hysterectomy with a portion of the small colon removed. The plan is to use a technic found in Maryland of inserting Hot Chemo at the time of surgery and removing it.

No comments: