Thursday, April 10, 2008

Daniel Pink's book

I completed the book Whole New Mind. I found it thought provoking but question the premise that what was accomplished in the past was left brained and it is now time to think outside the box and be right brained. I would think that Bill Gates, etc. think outside the box and used their right brain to take all that their left brain could do to make the companies and millions that they have. Grant it it opened the door for left brained thinkers but after the tutorial about google it would seem that the computer world lives room for much right brain thinking. Saying all this, I would like to think that right brain thinkers would begin to be valued more in school systems. I would love to see more art, music, storying, and less test directed schooling. It makes for a well rounded person and produces less robot thinking and fitting the mold thinking.
The book did challenge me to think about right brain ideas to keep work in the USA and in light of the library.

Just recently The news reported that the GRID may be taking over for the internet. Could this be the next direction of the left thinker combined with the right brain thinker?

1 comment:

Honoré said...

I too hope that schools begin to incorporate more creativity into the curriculum and less testing. I need to learn about the GRID---a new one for me...