Monday, April 28, 2008

Google vs. Medline

I chose the topic essential tremors since my father has them and a customer just came to the desk with the same condition. I found that in 2 seconds, google brought up info on the topic and Medline was one of the listed items. Once in Medline, I found it to be equally as quick to find information. I believe I got equal information from each.

I would start with Medline first because it gave more official sites. there were more.gov and .org sites than in the top ten of Google. For basic information Google would be O.K. but for more official info I would choose Medline.

2 comments:

Pat Merrbach said...

I liked working with MedLine Plus Thought it was a wonderful tool

Honoré said...

Good post - I think MedlinePlus is a reliable resource and though a little slower, one can feel fairly confident about the information retrieved.