Friday, October 31, 2008

Surgery Arrives

October 23rd- The night before my daughter had her 16th birthday dinner without me as I prepped for today. There was much laughter but to her loss too much talk about the surgery.

When I arrived at the hospital with my husband we were ushered into our "suite". I was so sure we would not go on time I told my older daughter to come after work and my younger daughter went to school.

While in pre op I was in a chair and the nurse said she would be lowering the head of the chair. I said fine . I don't know if you can picture this but as the head reclined for some reason-- I held my feet straight out in front of me . Pat was in the room with my husband as she works in the hospital and she said Aunt Becky did you know there is a foot rest under your feet. Laughter followed , joking with the nurse too. Quite the cartoon.

Later after the surgery -- as I read verses in Isaiah about resting in the Lord. The Lord reminded me of this cartoon and seemed to say I'm here to support you all the time and way through this rest on me-- You don't need to support yourself-- I Am your support. and there was that "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

No comments: